Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Some Stern warnings about hardening our hearts and falling away from God

Hebrews 3:7-11

7 Therefore, just as the Holy Spirit says,

“Today if you hear His voice,
8 Do not harden your hearts as when they provoked Me,
As in the day of trial in the wilderness,
9 Where your fathers tried Me by testing Me,
And saw My works for forty years.
10 “Therefore I was angry with this generation,
And said, ‘They always go astray in their heart,
And they did not know My ways’;
11 As I swore in My wrath,
‘They shall not enter My rest.’”

Here is a passage found in Proverbs that speaks of a consequence of persistent disobedience. 

Proverbs 29:1

A man who hardens his neck after much reproof
Will suddenly be broken beyond remedy.


Scripture quotations taken from the "NASB" (www.lockman.org)

No comments :

Post a Comment