Sunday, April 22, 2012

Ever get upset over imagined situations?

Sometimes we can get lured into sinful thinking concerning things that haven't actually happened. I call it "Sinful responses to imaginary situations." I'll share one idea here. But don't limit your understanding of what I am I'm sharing to the specific example below.  But instead ask the Lord how this general principal might apply to a different area of your walk with God.  

Let's say that I have two coworker that have a history of not getting along. One day Bob goes way to far and says some nasty and insulting things to Bill in front of everyone. Now even though Bob and I get along just fine, I could still get drawn into some sinful imaginary thinking. I could think to myself " If Bob ever talks to me that way I say this right back at him. Or if he tries to do such and such then I'll teach him a lesson and do this to him." 

I now am all worked up and ready to respond to something that hasn't even happened. I have been drawn into a "Sinful response to an imaginary situation" My mind now has built up energy that may suddenly and sinfully be released.  I am like a balloon fill with air. With even the slightest prick of a pin I am ready to explode. 

Learn to catch yourself going down imaginary and sinful paths. Make a determined effort that you won't entertain these imaginary thoughts. If it is not real stop it in it's tracks. Don't allow it to grow. Stop thinking on it right away. 

No comments :

Post a Comment